My Alabama Experience

When my brother asked me if I wanted to go with him in an art fair, I thought I was going to see bunch of paintings just like when you go to a gallery or museum. But upon arriving at 10a Alabama, I was surprise to see booths that offers all sorts of things.


We went straight to check Sir Denver's (my brother's supervisor) booth.

My brother Ian (right) with Sir Denver.
Sir Denver is selling his paintings
together with his friends from Thingamabobs that sells kikay stuff.

Starbucks cup transformed by Sir Denver.

After that we opted to check the other booths.

I was looking for something to buy at Krafty Pirate
I bought these cool earrings from Krafty Pirate.

One of the booths that we checked was Aromateria. I found there items really interesting, they sell Beer soaps, Coffee soaps, etc. They also sell stick perfumes.



Plants were also a great find at the fair
Since my brother and I have sweet tooth, we made sure that we bought something Eenie Minni. Their Banana Walnut Cuppy is a must-try for only 45 pesos. Their Nutellawich is si heavenly for only 100 esos for 3 pieces.


Of all the booths we've visited, it was Aislinn's Wish that has made a mark to us. 


We've been passing by this booth couple of times but it doesn't caught our attention because we've  already seen on other booths the items that they are selling. As we look over at it before we leave the fair, we've been told that the items being sold were donated by other sellers and the earnings obtained will go for Baby Aislinn's liver transplant.


Baby Aislinn has a Biliary Atresia.
"Biliary Atresia is a rare disease of the liver and bile ducts that occurs in infants. Symptoms of the disease appear or develop abut two to eight weeks after birth...
When the baby has biliary atresia,  bile flow from the liver to the gallbladder is blocked. This causes the bile to be trapped inside the liver, quickly causing damage and scarring of the liver cells (cirrhosis), and finally liver failure." - www.cincinnatichildrens.org

 "Biliary Atresia is a chronic, progressive liver problem, and fatal if left untreated. This condition:

  • Is the most common cause of chronic liver disease in newborns
  • Occurs once in every 30,000 births
  • Is the most common reason for liver transplants in children
  • Affects children of all races and ethnicities, but may be more common in Asians" - www.childrenshospital.org

With baby Aislinn.
See how apparent baby Aislinn's jaundice is?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth