Trip to Maginhawa Street

Maginhawa Street in Teacher’s Village Quezon City is heaven for food lovers. With all sorts of restaurants located in the area, it has been part of every food trippers’ bucket list. Out of the many food stores in Maginhawa, I’m able to try 4 restos with my brother and HS friends yesterday even though it’s raining.

APPETIZER

Since my brother is craving for some steak, our first stop was the Empire Steak, but the place was still close (it opens at 12 noon) when we arrive (sorry for him) and so, we look for another shop and decided to look for one that offers coffee because it was pretty cold due to the rain. And then, we found Friuli Trattoria. There we ordered coffee (of course) and pizza.

Friuli Trattoria's Cappuccino
I <3 cinnamon
 

Tre Formaggi Pizza
One of their best-sellers with mozzarella, cheddar , and blue cheese

SHORT STOP

Before heading to our main course, we dropped by one of the famous stores in Maginhawa… The Bookay-Ukay! This is the number one reason why I wanted to go Maginhawa Street. I’m a book lover, what do you expect? Haha!


It's not what I expected it to look like but I’m still happy being there!

Look up! Look Up!

MAIN COURSE


From Bookay-Ukay we walked for about 5 minutes for our next stop, the Pino Bar Resto, which is located just in front of Don Day Fresh Restaurant at Malingap Street. What’s nice about the resto is that they offer Filipino food with a twist.

Mini Sisig Tacos

Tuna Shiitake Pasta

Kare-kareng Bagnet
This is a must-try! The bagnet is so crispy and the kare-kare sauce is so creamy

DESSERT

A meal wouldn't be complete without dessert… And for that part, we opted to go to the Wicked Kitchen!


For the dessert alone, we committed 3 out 7 deadly sins: Gluttony, Wrath, and Greed. I’m just kidding! Those 3 are the names of their sinfully good desserts along with Pride, Sloth, Envy, and Lust. But seriously speaking, I’m already guilty of being glutton on our stop (forgive me, Lord).

Gluttony
Chocolate chip cookie + ice cream + whipped cream + choco syrup

Wrath
Spicy nutella-mango crepe + ice cream + warm flaming contreau

Greed
Melted chocolate + puffed mallows + graham crackers

Garlic Fries

A reminder from Wicked Kitchen :)


TAKE-OUT

In every trip, a pasalubong is must! Off to The Baker’sTable we go! They offer candy flavored cakes like Hawhaw (my favorite!), Flat Tops, Hany, and Butterball.

Each slice costs 110 pesos
I highly recommend the Butterball Cake


They also sell healthy cakes for only 35 pesos
and Lala Crinkles for 25 pesos

Simple Tip: Maginhawa is a pretty long street. Know which restaurants you wanted to visit and as much as possible know their exact location. And I think it's an advantage if the restos you're about to try is far from each other so you'll have time to burn some calories before trying another resto. Haha!

To Maginhawa Street... I'll see you again... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth