My Goal For 2016


My goal for 2016 is to involve myself in things that will make me happy, better, and make me some money (who doesn't need money,anyway?). Let me start with career. I'm already 26 years old and I, believe it or not, still doesn't have a regular job. I graduated in 2011 and was blessed enough to immediately get my license to be a Physical Therapist.  Then I started applying but to no luck,I always (as in ALWAYS) ended being a volunteer (or auxiliary) Physical Therapist but nevertheless I still give my 100% to help my patients recover until 2 years ago, I found myself not being happy or motivated with what I'm doing.  I found myself battling every morning whether to go to work or not, so I have decided to stop deceiving myself and said goodbye to where I was working. Then, I started making money on my own by being a private PT, instead of the patients going to hospital/clinic to get treatment I went to their homes to give treatment, up to now I still have a patient/s a treat regularly. I may not be totally happy as a PT but I can assure that I'm giving my very best in treating my patients. This year, I'm giving myself one last chance as a PT, I'm currently processing my application overseas and if I'll fail in my application I'd finally say goodbye to PT world and pursue a career in writing. I may not be a good writer now, but I will be... soon. And I'm going to involve myself more on any activities that will help me improve my writing skills this 2016. 

My second goal for this year is to become healthy. I tried to become healthy last year, but (again) I messed up. This year, I set a goal of losing 11-15 kilos, I'm aiming for a normal BMI (Body Mass Index). For my height I needed to weigh 41-55 kilos to have normal BMI, achieving 50 kilos below will prevent me from donating blood (you need to be at least 50 kilos to donate), so I decided to be at least  between 50-55 kilos. My family already started eating brown rice about 2 years ago and then we also lessen our red meat intake. This year, I aim to stop myself from eating canned goods, chips, and unhealthy drinks and I also want to join in the fun run events with my family.

My third goal is to experience more about the things that I like. Last year, I've traveled  quite a lot and I've tried cooking and baking more recipes. This 2016, I want to try mountaineering again, I want to conquer more mountains this year. Also, I want to learn more about (South) Korean culture, I know this isn't a surprise anymore, I love everything about South Korea. Before, when I'm asked which country (aside from the Philippines) I'd like to live I'd answer New Zealand but after watching various Korean variety shows, I now dream of living in South Korea. And I want to travel more with my family this year, we haven't tried travelling outside the Philippines, so I hope we can this year.

This year, I dare to step out of my comfort zone and follow what my heart desires. This year, I dare to conquer my fears. This year, I dare to believe and love myself more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth