Omurice Surprise!

Usually it's my dad or my uncle who cooks our breakfast, but yesterday I woke up with no one else to do it but me. So with left-over rice and my love for Korean food, I instantly knew what I'd cook... Omurice!

I know... It doesn't look appetizing but it tastes good.
Seriously... it tastes good.

Aside from the left-over rice (about 1 1/2 cup), I grab 1 onion, 2 hot dogs, ketchup (about 2 tbsps.), and 4 eggs for this recipe. This dish is a no-brainer, just mix everything, except for the eggs, and you're good!

Saute the onion and hot dogs.
You can add vegetables like carrots, peas, or any vegetables you like.
You can also use ham instead of hot dogs, it's really up to you.

After a minute or two add the rice

Add the ketchup.
Fold it until well blended and set it aside.
I divided it into 2 portions: for me and for my brother.

You need 2 eggs for each serving.

After beating the eggs, off to the pan it goes!

When the bottom side of the egg is set, place 1 part of your rice.

Flip the sides of your scrambled egg to cover the rice.

This is how my first serving looked like. I kinda burned the egg and it was too small to cover the rice.


Oh well, there's always room for improvement and it shows on the second serving. Haha!


By the looks of it, I know I wasn't born to be a cook but what's important, I think, is that I tried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth