Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

"Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things,but learning another way to think about things." - Flora Lewis
I'm into Korean dramas since I was in high school, Korean movies and food after I graduated from college, and this year I've been quite addicted to Korean variety shows and songs which lead me to be more interested in learning their language.
My brother and I decided to enroll in Korean Cultural Center's 3rd term (for this year) for Korean language class, but unfortunately the schedule that we wanted was already full. So, out of my desperation in wanting to learn the language, I decided to study it on my own.
One thing I like about internet is that when you need to know something it's just a click away. So, I used this awesome benefit of the internet for my self-study of Hangugeo. And, here, I list the websites that I'm relying on:
1. Pinterest
This is where I first learn how to write Korean letters (Hangul). There's a photo I pinned that really helped me to easily remember how to write Hangul, especially the consonants. Also, there are a lot of photos about common Korean phrases and words that are written in Hangul with English translation and Romanization,which really helps me.
2. TenguGo Hangul Android App
There are many apps available, but this particular app really works well with me. This helps me to practice and remember (even more) about Hangul. Also, through this app I was able to learn about some rules about reading or pronouncing Korean words. What I actually like about this app is the quizzes after each lesson which, I think, is very helpful.
3. YouTube
It's easy to remember or to learn something if you see and hear it, that is why I also use YouTube for my self-study. There are a lot of videos teaching you how to read and write Hangul, my favorite videos were from HanNa한나, 99Korean, KoreanClass101(also check their website here),and my favorite videos are from sweetandtastyTV(visit her website as well here).
Anything you want and need to learn about Korean words, numbers, phrases, grammar, pronunciations, etc. you'll learn it here. They have several lessons which are divided into six units (starting from learning how to read up to advanced Korean grammar). So, better check their website if you really wanted to learn Hangugeo.
Right now, I'm studying at least 3-5 words/phrases a day... I practice writing and reading it over and over and when I'm confident about it, I, then try to write all the words/phrases I've learned from the earlier days to see if I still remember them. I still make mistakes because I'm still confused in the pronunciation of some letters,like the lettersㅐ(ae) and ㅔ(e) which both are read as "e", but I believe that one of these days I'll be able to speak Hangugeo better and be able to watch their dramas and films without a need for subtitles. If that happens that will be 대박 (daebak,meaning big win/great success/awesome)!
Note: I own no credits to the photo above. I just grabbed it at google.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth