Easy 김치 볶음밥(Kimchi Bokkeumbap/Kimchi Fried Rice) Recipe

About a month ago my brother bought a jar of kimchi. We had it as a side dish and one time my brother mixed it in his pesto pasta. Today, I tried making kimchi bokkeumbap or kimchi fried rice. This recipe is really simple, all you need is leftover rice and kimchi. That's it! Those two ingredients are enough, but if you want to add pork, beef, ham, or bacon you can do so, just like what I did today, I added hotdog into my kimchi fried rice.

Ingredients:

1/2 c. kimchi (cut into bite-sized portion)
1 1/2 c. leftover rice
2 pcs. jumbo-sized hotdog (cut into small cubes;optional)
2 Tbsp. kimchi juice

Procedure:

1. Saute hotdog for about 2 minutes.


2. Add kimchi and saute for another 2 minutes.


3. Add the rice and cook for another  5 minutes. Also, add the kimchi juice.


4. Top the fried egg on your kimchi bokkeumbap and you're ready to go!

Oops! I kinda ruined the egg.

I didn't add any salt or seasoning because the kimchi's flavor is enough (for me) to make this recipe delicious, but you can add if you want to, it all depends on your taste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth