Sagada Saga Part I: Hello Sagada!

 
"Once a year, go someplace you've never been before." - Dalai Lama
Even before watching the movie "That Thing Called... Tadhana" I already wanted to visit Sagada and my urgency to visit the place reached its peak after watching it. With my colleagues, we were able to get a Sagada tour package with a side trip to La Presa (Oh yes! It is the location of the teleserye Forevermore) at Pilipinas Roadtrip.

Day 1 ( March 27,2015)

Before heading to Sagada, we passed by Banaue.


#Team Kuneho

What will you see in Bananue? The famous Banaue Rice Terraces!




After some photo ops at Banaue, off to Sagada we go! Sagada is just a small town in Mountain Province. A small town that requires 12 hours of journey (from Manila) along curvy roads.

" Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."
                                                    - Author Unknown
                        
Our first stop... Sagada Weaving. You can watch the weavers do their thing but you can't take any photos. There's nothing much to see here actually but it is always amazing to see how a certain product is made.

               
After checking in at Umatan's Lodge, getting some rest and changing our outfits we headed to see the ever famous Hanging Coffins.



Going to the Hanging Coffins is not easy. You have to trek down a very steep and very rocky trail which, of course, I didn't expect.
             

Just to see those coffins I don't think it is reasonable go through a lot of hardships, but the scenic views while going there is really admirable, so you should visit it too but I suggest not putting it on your top list.

Ma'am Flor posing at one of sceneries
Sagada is famous for their caves. They say that it is the reason why you visit the place and that your Sagada experience won't be complete without seeing it. You have 2 options when it comes to caving: 1) Normal caving (Php 125), wherein you'll do spelunking either in Sumaguing Cave or Lumiang Cave and 2) Cave Connection (Php 400), wherein you'll enter in Lumiang Cave and exit at Sumaguing Cave.

Spelunking is for the one's with a brave heart, when you try it, be sure you're ready physically, mentally, and emotionally. I know I wouldn't try spelunking (I'm not ready yet) but the day before we went I changed my mind, I packed my spelunking attire and I'm a bit (just a bit) ready to try it! But after our visit to the hanging coffins, my legs are already exhausted and I don't think they can handle another overtiring activity. So, while some our friends test their limits by spelunking at Sumaguing Cave, the 6 of us enjoyed the beauty of Sumaguing and Lumiang Cave just by staying at the mouth of both caves.

 


This how the Sumaguing Cave looks like from above


This is what you'll see inside Sumaguing Cave

"The Cavers"
While our friends are spelunking at Sumaguing,
here we are getting ready to see the beauty of Lumiang Cave!

Papa Ray guiding and encouraging us to
push through at the mouth of Lumiang Cave

Lumiang Cave from above...


After doing an extreme activity, the best way to replenish your lost energy is to eat a delicious meal and that's exactly what Sagada Brew offers.


One of Sagada Brew's best-seller...
Bistek Tagalog!

Before the day ends, we still manage to have some happy hour!

Parang di napagod!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth