A Twist to Pininyahang Manok

I love pineapple but mixing it in a viand is a no-no for me, but today I tried to make my own version of Pininyahang Manok.

Here's what you need:

1 kg chicken cut into serving portion
5 cloves garlic minced
1 pc. medium onion sliced
1 large can pineapple chunks
2 pcs. medium carrots wedged
5 pcs. small potatoes wedged
1 small can of liver spread
1/2 pack of cheddar cheese grated

Procedure:

Marinate chicken in pineapple juice (from the can of pineapple chunks) for 30 minutes/ more.

 

Saute onion and garlic in a little oil, then add chicken, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.


Add pineapple juice (which was used for marination), pineapple chunks, carrots, potatoes, liver spread, and grated cheese. Let simmer until potatoes are soft. Add seasoning (I used Namnam) to taste.


Viola! You can now serve the Pininyahang Manok!



I'm not a good cook. I've tried to cook viands a lot of times but most of the time 'twas epic fail. But today is different, this Pinanyahang Manok recipe is havey! That's why I'm posting it. Haha!

Go ahead! Try this recipe!


Note: I got my inspiration for this dish from Bianca Gonzalez, I just added some ingredients for my recipe. For Bianca's recipe click here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth