I'm Learning How To Cook!

When I was in grade 6, I (with my teacher or guardian) was always the representative of our school in cooking contests. In high school, I’d actively participate in our cooking lessons in Home Economics. But my heart was not into cooking, so I grew up loving foods but not putting too much effort into cooking.

But since I’m in my mid-20’s I made a conscious decision to learn how to cook. I’d search for recipes online, read cook books or watch cooking shows and then try cooking out the recipes. I’ve decided to cook for my family at least once a week and try posting the recipes and my cooking experience here (haha! Actually, I’ve started 2 weeks ago, my  1st recipe was the Pininyahang Manok, for the recipe click here).  I made this decision as a gift for myself!

Last Saturday, I made 2 dishes. First is the Coca Cola Chicken and the second one is a dessert called BanaNut Truffles.

Coca Cola Chicken

Ingredients:

1kg Chicken cut into serving portion
¼ c. Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
3 pcs. Gaclic, minced
¼ c. Banana Ketchup
500 mL. Coca Cola
Pinch of ground pepper

Procedure:

Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, and pepper for 30 minutes or more.

  

In a pan, mix the marinated chicken (including the sauce used for marinating) with the ketchup and coca cola and bring it to a boil.

Just add the ketchup

Of course, don't forget to add the Coca Cola

Wait until the sauce thickens and the Coca Cola Chicken is ready to serve! That easy, eh?



BanaNut Truffles

Ingredients:

1 pack crushed grahams
5 pcs. overripe bananas
¼ c. sugar
2 tbsp. nuts, chopped

Procedure:

Mash the bananas.


Mix the bananas, crushed grahams, sugar, and nuts. Refrigerate for an hour.

This is how it looks like after mixing the ingredients.

Oh! Thanks to my dear brother for mixing it for me! Haha!

After an hour,form the mixture into balls and sprinkle or cover it with your favorite toppings. I used cocoa powder as a topping. Refrigerate for an hour or more before serving.

The recipe makes about 25-30 pieces of truffles
depending on how big you make each piece.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning 한국어 (Hangugeo/Korean Language)

Pasinaya 2016 and Free Heritage Tour: Appreciating Philippine Art and History

Hotteok (호떡/Sweet Korean Pancake) for my Sweet Tooth